Dental Implants in Oakville
Dental implants are the current standard of care for the replacement of missing teeth.
A dental implant is a bio-compatible titanium fixture (tolerated well by your body) that is surgically implanted into your jawbone where you are missing a tooth. The implant will act like the root of your tooth, over which a crown, bridge or denture will be supported. Generally, one implant is placed to restore one missing tooth on a ratio of 1:1. If all or several teeth are missing, several implants can be used to restore your entire dentition to full function and beautiful aesthetics.
What’s involved in Dental Implant treatment? Simply put…
- Digital imaging helps us determine the quality and amount of existing jawbone
- Study models are taken to aid in planning
- Implants are surgically placed, allowed to heal for a prescribed period of time
- Restorations are custom fabricated and placed over the implants
- Benefits of dental implants:
- No need to use natural teeth for support
- Independent of neighbouring teeth
- Strong and lasting
- Actually preserve jawbone
- Provide excellent chewing, biting and speaking ability
- Deliver beautiful, natural esthetics – feeling of confidence and youth
- Do not decay, easy to clean
- Suited to any adult – even medically compromised can be considered
If you are considering a replacement for your missing teeth, our services for dental implants in Oakville may be your best option. Talk to Dr. Nitin Kapoor of Trafalgar Village Dental in Oakville today and start smiling sooner!